Google’s education and scholarship programs aim to inspire and help students become future leaders in computing and technology by breaking down the barriers that prevent them from entering these fields. As part of our commitment, we’ve partnered with EmployAbility, a nonprofit organization that supports students with disabilities while they pursue education and promising careers, to help university students with disabilities work toward their academic goals in the field of computer science. Selected students will receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Have, or consider themselves to have, a visible or invisible disability (see EmployAbility’s approach to disability here)
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2021-2022 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a student in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at an accredited university in Europe or Israel for the 2022-2023 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics, or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for computer science and technology
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to three short essay questions
- Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective peers (e.g. Bachelors students compared to other Bachelors students).
Website link: https://buildyourfuture.withgoogle.com/scholarships/google-students-with-disabilities-scholarship
Nutrience Small Animal Scholarship, Canada
Jim Wakefield Scholarship (School-Leaver Scholarship)
Carole Stewart Arts Graduate Scholarship, Canada