The Schwarzman Scholars Program brings together a diverse cohort of young leaders from all regions and sectors of the world who embrace each other’s differences while working on a joint mission.
Every year, a new class is selected to represent the world’s next generation of leaders — high-caliber individuals with open minds and limitless potential who will serve to deepen understanding between China and the rest of the world. The cohort of global leaders reflects the diversity, vibrancy and promise of the world at large. Schwarzman Scholars embrace the opportunity to understand other cultures, perspectives and positions.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements before August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year.
- There are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study; all fields are welcome, but it is important for applicants, regardless of undergraduate major, to articulate how participating in Schwarzman Scholars will help develop their leadership potential within their field.
- Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year (for the Class of 2024-2025, as of August 1, 2024).
- Applicants must demonstrate strong English skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application. This requirement is waived for applicants who studied at an undergraduate institution where the primary language of instruction was English for at least two years of the applicant’s academic program. The requirement will also be waived for applicants who have studied in English for two or more years at a Master’s degree level or higher. Acceptable test options are: Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT). Minimum score 100. International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Minimum score 7. Cambridge English: Advanced (C1) or Cambridge English: Proficiency (C2). Minimum score 185.
Scholars will receive a comprehensive scholarship, including:
- Tuition & Fees
- Room & Board
- in-country Study Tour
- Travel to and from Beijing
- Health Insurance
- Stipend for personal expenses
Go to Schwarzman Scholars on connect.schwarzmanscholars.org to applyThe application must be completed online and submitted electronically once you have answered all the required questions. The application form must be completed in English. You do not have to complete the online application in one sitting; you may access, save, and continue work on your application as frequently as needed before submitting the application.
The following supporting documents are required:
- Resume: A current version of your resume or CV (maximum 2 pages).
- 2 Essays: The two required essays are a Leadership Essay (750 words) and a Statement of Purpose (500 words). The essays are a critical component of the application, designed to help the selection committee understand you as an individual and get a sense of your leadership abilities/potential, as well as your writing and analytical skills.
- Transcript/Academic Records: You are required to scan and upload official transcripts for each degree-granting post-secondary education institution you attended.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation: Recommenders should know you well and be able to speak to your intellectual abilities, personal characteristics, and leadership potential using specific examples from their direct experience working with you.
- Video Introduction: Provide a short video self-introduction of no more than 1 minute. Introduce yourself in any style or setting you think best conveys your interests and personality. The point of this recording is to allow the committee to hear you introduce yourself in your own voice and style.
Esperanza Pertusa Foundation 2023 Photography Award
ISF 2023 Research Grant Program for Researchers for Master
JAMII Femmes Initiative For African Women Entrepreneurs Scholarships
Baker Hughes 2023 Ignite Undergraduate Internship, Nigeria