Full scholarships to support outstanding students on the 1+1 MBA.
Established in 2014, the Pershing Square Scholarships provide up to six full awards covering both the Master’s and the MBA degrees. Scholars can pursue any of the 1+1 MBA partnering programmes and combine it with our MBA. Further details regarding eligibility can be found below.
Recipients are exceptional individuals who can demonstrate the potential and commitment to finding scalable and sustainable solutions to world-scale social challenges.
Scholars will benefit from a range of on-course opportunities such as attendance to prestigious conferences, termly events and scholar community activities, spring ‘trek’ to New York hosted by the Pershing Square Foundation, and mentorship opportunities. For further details please see our Scholarship co-curricular activities and Scholar Community sections below.
Full course fees for both the Master’s degree and MBA programme, and a grant for living expenses of at least £16,062 per year for both years of study.
Up to six scholarships.
Applicants will be considered in order of priority for the scholarship:
1. New applicants to the Oxford 1+1 MBA Programme
- applicants must be admitted to a partnering MSc programme and the MBA prior to the selection process (waitlisted or re-evaluated applicants will not be considered)
2. Applicants who apply to any full-time one-year Master’s course that is not currently part of the official list of 1+1 MBA partnering programmes, and to the MBA (as a separate application)
3. Applicants who are:
- moving into their MBA year and who have not been considered for the scholarship in the previous year (e.g., waitlisted/ re-evaluated applicants)
- admitted to the MBA while studying on one of the partnering MSc programmes
- Academic achievement demonstrated through degree results, GMAT or GRE score, previous university prizes and awards, and other academic achievements.
- Leadership potential demonstrated through experience and motivation.
- Strong personal character, integrity, and commitment.
- Intention to focus on addressing world-scale social challenges in your career, either in an existing organisation or through the development of a new enterprise.
- Ability to envision how to achieve scalable and sustainable solutions to these challenges.
- Articulated vision on how the Oxford 1+1 MBA will allow you to fulfil your objectives.
Candidates are advised to highlight these attributes in their 1+1 MBA application, scholarship essay, and interview answers.
How to apply
Candidates must submit a complete application for both courses and upload the scholarship essay in the ‘Funding’ section of the 1+1 MBA programme application by the deadline to be considered.
In no more than 500 words, please answer the following question:
- How do you intend to change the world and what does this tell us about you as a person?
Each of our partnering programmes has its own application form, deadlines, and requirements.
To be considered for the Pershing Square Scholarship you must apply by 4 January 2023 for the 1+1 MBA and by your chosen Master programme deadline, either in December or January. Funding deadlines for 1+1 MBA partnering programmes can be found on the relevant course page on the Graduate Admissions website.
Shortlisting is planned to take place in early April with candidates expected to be invited to interview in late April.
Meet our Pershing Square Scholars
Scholarships for exceptional individuals.
Hear from our on-course Oxford Pershing Square Scholars and l
Learn More: https://www.sbs.ox.ac.uk/oxford-experience/scholarships-and-funding/oxford-pershing-square-graduate-scholarships