What you get
£5,000 per year of full time study
Type of award
- Who is eligible
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be classified as ‘overseas’ for fee purposes
- Have received an offer of a place to study a full time Bachelors degree at Sussex in 2023
- Be self-financing
- Have excellent academic grades (see ‘Qualifications advice’ for indication of minimum grades required)
- Qualifications advice
Qualification/Country Minimum grades required to apply for the scholarship A Levels AAA Canada Ontario secondary School Diploma with an overall average of 80% from 6 grade 12 4U or 4M courses European Baccalaureate Overall average of 85% German Abitur Abitur 1.6 Greece Apolytirion 19.2/20 International Baccalaureate 36 points Nigeria 1 year of University study with excellent grades Spain Titulo de Bachillerato 8.5 overall average Turkey Lise Diplomasi/Bitirme with at least 85% in the final year (4.5/5)
- Who isn’t eligible
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- Are applying for a Bachelors at a university that is not at the University of Sussex
- Are progressing into the final year of an integrated Masters at Sussex
- Already hold another University of Sussex scholarship
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you are going to study any of the following:
- Degrees in Social work (if receiving an NHS bursary)
- PGCE courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
- Postgraduate diplomas
26 April 2023 23:59
How to apply
The Chancellors International Scholarships will open for applications at 09.00 am (GMT) on 12 April 2023 and will automatically close at 23:59 pm (GMT) 26 April 2023.
The scholarship application will ask you for-
- Personal details- such as UCAS PID, name, email address.
- Education details- if you are currently studying or have finished studying, your predicted or final grade.
- A 500 word (maximum) supporting statement to answer the following –
“Describe your academic achievements to date and your ambitions for the future. Why should you receive this scholarship and what impact will receiving the scholarship have on your time at Sussex and when you return home?”
The successful applicant will need to ensure they have made plans or raised sufficient funds to cover the remaining tuition fee and costs of living, for the duration of their degree. For guidance about estimated living costs at Sussex and information about budgeting, please see our website.
Nutrience Small Animal Scholarship, Canada
Jim Wakefield Scholarship (School-Leaver Scholarship)
Carole Stewart Arts Graduate Scholarship, Canada