The Breakthrough Junior Challenge is an annual global competition for students to inspire creative thinking about science
You get it. You’ve grasped an important scientific theory, concept or principle. Now can you share your insight?
An inventive video can get across complex material that would take pages of text to communicate. To take part in the Breakthrough Junior Challenge, create a short video (2:00 – two minutes max) to explain a big idea in one of these fields:
- Life Sciences
Your film can take any form you like: animation, talking head, documentary, dramatic reconstruction, whatever. It’s worth keeping in mind that video is a dynamic visual medium – using diagrams, simulations, physical demonstrations etc. is a lot more effective than standing in front of a blackboard
You can take part in this year’s Challenge as long as you are:
- 13 or older by 12:01 AM PDT (West Coast USA) on April 1, 2023.
- Not older than 18 (not yet 19) as of 11:59 PM PDT (West Coast USA) on October 1, 2023.
- They welcome submissions in English from anyone of those ages, including homeschooled students, students with disabilities, and students from all over the world.
If your video is chosen as the Winner, you will receive:
- $250,000 Post-secondary scholarship
- $50,000 Prize for your teacher
- $100,000 Breakthrough Science Lab
Go to Breakthrough Junior Challenge on breakthroughjuniorchallenge.org to applyYou must submit your application and video no later than June 25, 2023 at 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time (West Coast USA). As part of your entry, you must score at least 5 other submissions by July 10, 2023 at 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time (West Coast USA), during the Peer-to-Peer Review. You may be asked to score additional submissions as well
State University of New York at Oswego
Top 10 Scholarships for International Students
UNIVERSITY OF GLASGOW INTERNATIONAL LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP
Fully-Funded Rotary Peace Fellowships