The University of Sheffield has a strong commitment to international development. One of the themes of our strategy is ‘celebrating, promoting and increasing the volume of the work that we do to improve the lives of others through our international relationships, locally and abroad’.
Building on this commitment the University, in collaboration with the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Sheffield Institute for International Development, is now able to offer three scholarships per year targeted at international students from developing countries for a number of courses that are affiliated with the Sheffield Institute for International Development.
There are three scholarships available to academically strong individuals from developing countries. Each scholarship offers the following:
- A full tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance stipend
- You must hold an offer by 6 May 2022 for one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield in the 2022/23 academic year:
- International Development MA
- Environmental Change and International Development MSc
- International Development (Masters in Public Health) MPH
- International Law and Global Justice LLM
- International Political Economy MA
- Global Journalism MA
- International Public and Political Communication MA
- Intercultural Communication MA
- You must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must be self-funded to receive this award, i.e. not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organisation.
- This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- Your mode of attendance must be full time.
- You must begin your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2022. This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2022.
- You must be a national of, or permanently domiciled, in one of the following countries or territories:
Central African Republic
Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Papua New Guinea
Sao Tome and Principe
Syrian Arab Republic
West Bank and Gaza Strip
How to apply
You will be automatically considered for the scholarship if you receive an offer to study one of the eligible courses and you are a national of, or permanently domiciled in, one of the eligible countries or territories.
Your course application will be assessed by a panel who will decide whether you will progress to the final stage of the application process. If you are selected for the next stage we will contact you before 14 May 2022 to invite you to apply, if you haven’t heard from by this date unfortunately you have not been selected this year.
Website link: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/international/fees-and-funding/scholarships/postgraduate/ferguson
Nutrience Small Animal Scholarship, Canada
Jim Wakefield Scholarship (School-Leaver Scholarship)
Carole Stewart Arts Graduate Scholarship, Canada
Dr. Margaret McCready Tribute Scholarship